Kidz This Week
Due to services being cancelled, here are some things parents can do to have "home church" this week for May 23-24: CLICK HERE to print the entire overview and activities.
1. To get your kids thinking – Play a game of Eye Spy. Have one person pick something in the room and tell you what color it is and everyone try to guess it. Notice how your eyes focused on that color in the room.
2. Read 2 Chronicles 20. As you read it, have everyone make sound effects for the story. CLICK HERE to watch this YouTube video of the story of King Jehoshaphat.
3. Talk about how King Jehoshaphat felt when he heard about the armies attacking. What did the king focus on? What should we do like the King?
4. Make an instrument using paper plate, rice or cereal, tape, and decorating supplies. Decorate the plate and fold in half. Fill with rice and staple together. Every time you have to face a problem, sing a song to God with your instrument and help your heart focus on God and not the problem. CLICK HERE to see an example.
5. CLICK HERE to color the picture of King Jehoshaphat focusing on God.